Saturday, March 08, 2008

Random thoughts #1


  • Next cat we get will be named Whompus. It's full name will be Miss Kitty Whompus.
  • How is it some people can talk and talk and say nothing at all? It's really not necessary to fill up every blank spot with words.
  • Lesson learned today: don't try to gasp for air AND swallow a jalapeno pepper at the same time.
  • It is March and the clothing stores have out only spring and summer clothing. Dammit, I'm not wearing capris pants and a t-shirt in March! I want a sweater, and I want a choice of sweaters. Not one of the 4 sweaters left on the clearance rack that were obvious washing mishaps returned for refund and placed out for sale again.
  • Trader Joe's is awesome. I want to dress like a hippie when I shop there.
  • A shedding German Shepherd and a long black wool coat are not a good combo.
  • Tonight was the Prairie Home Companion Annual Joke Show on National Public Radio. I wish I could remember all that I heard but here's one that stood out: Here's how you tell who is man's best friend; put your wife and your dog in a small cage, leave the house for several hours and see who's excited to see you when you get home.

1 comment:

8 said...

I missed the joke show, sadly. It's always a favorite.

Checking out at the grocery, the woman in front of me began with, "I have to ask..."

I immediately thought, "No, no, you really don't."