• Friday the 13th is a lucky day in the balou househould. The hubby and I first met on a Friday the 13th one June long ago.
• Haiku for Lexi (my great-niece):
Girl with sharp scissors
Clip, clip, clip, hide strands
fast trip to salon
• Lexi's Dad (my niece's husband) is on his way home from an 18 month tour in Iraq. I'm so happy their little family will be reunited again. I wish that he never goes back again. Two times is enough already.
• Going to a yarn show with my friend tomorrow at the Mall of America. Willing to deal with the crowds for some free yarny goodness. I hear they hand out some great stuff. I'm all about the free things right now.
• OK balou, you can stop buying groceries and toilet paper. Even though hubby is jobless right now, you will have food and tp for months. It's enough already!
• I watched the movie "Chocolat" again last night. I always like the quote made by the preacher in the film: "We can't go around measuring our goodness by what we don't do, by what we deny ourselves, by what we resist, and who we exclude. I think we've got to measure goodness by what we embrace, what we create, and who we include."