Monday, February 04, 2008

2008 Hudson Hot Air Affair

Hubbie & I have been volunteers for the Hudson Hot Air Affair for the past 7 years. The balloons took off on Saturday morning but the Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning flights were called due to poor visibility. Hubbie flew two school teachers from the Hudson area schools and had a good landing in someone's back yard. Saturday night a handful of balloons inflated for the moon glow. It was a bit on the breezy side as Hubbie's sister and I soon discovered while trying to hold on to a flopping 7 story balloon by a rope connected to the top of the balloon (crown line). It took two of us skiing across the snow covered field more than once. A fun weekend!

Here's a short video taken by Roger Bindl of HEM Productions. I met him this weekend.




Some great photos taken by Dave Parker here.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Now that looks like a fun way to spend a day!

Anonymous said...

Cool video! Amazes me how well shooting flames and flimsy fabrics seem to get along. Is there a lesson here for our congressional members?

marymbauer

Unknown said...

Up, up and away in my beautiful, my beautiful balooooooooooon!

Crud. Now I'm going to have that song in my head FOREVER.

Jocelyn said...

Thanks a lot, DD. Now I have the song in my head, too.

But those balloons are just majestic.

Dave said...

Hey! I just stumbled across your blog. Nice to see the link to Flickr!

Did your hubby launch last night? I saw some balloons over Stillwater, and thought it looked like yours.