Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Letter to Aunt Lorraine

Dear Aunt Lorraine,

I knew the last time I saw you, you were not much longer for this world. It's still hard to fathom that you are gone forever. I have so many good memories, those will never leave.

I've been thinking of you all day. Reminiscing and remembering little things; facial gestures, your hairstyle that never changed, the way you'd grab onto my hand and hold it for a long time, that funny wiggle walk you'd do sometimes and sticking your tongue out when you laughed. But it's the laughter. I will always hear the laughter when I think of you.

Will love you always,

B.

4 comments:

lime said...

hugs. i am sorry for your loss.

Balou said...

thanks lime. virtual hugs are good too.

KFarmer said...

We all need aunties like your Lorraine. I'm so sorry.

TC said...

That was beautiful. Laughter is a wonderful thing to be remembered by.