I didn't make it to the safe zone in time. Dorky Dad has tagged me. His reason was "because he's curious." Well, he'll probably think I'm curious by the end. If I had to be tagged though, I like this one. I need to list seven songs I've been enjoying. But wait, just seven? I am a Mac person and have a hefty iTunes folder. In fact I recently bought an external hard drive to store said music among other things. How will I narrow it down? I'll try.
1. "Flathead" by The Fratellis. I have to admit I was sucked in by the iPod TV ad. Love the video too. It's fun to see something different. Have been playing this album quite a bit over the past week.
2. "I Cried Like A Silly Boy" by Devotchka. Heard this group described as "Eastern Block Indie Rock" which I think fits. I think it sounds like Roy Orbison feeling Bulgarian in Mexico. Most of the other tracks on this album have a strong mariachi sound to them. It's fun.
3. "In A Sentimental Mood" by John Coltrane. Out of the Jazz category I'd have to pick this one. Makes me want to pour a glass of wine and melt.
4. "Oelle como espíritu adolescente" by the Mandragora Tango Orchestra. I am so excited! I had no clue this was a local group! Hubby, I have a suggestion for a date night. And if you don't recognize the song title, it's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and it makes a beautiful tango arrangement.
5. "Black Coffee In Bed" by Squeeze. I used to have this album back in the day and this was one of my favorites. I was surprised to find the video on You Tube. I think the song has a much longer shelf life than that video. Ah, 1982, the year I graduated from High School.
6. "Cucurrucucu Paloma" by Caetano Veloso. He's a superstar in Brazil. I have no clue what he's singing but his voice carries me away. It has something to do with a bird.
7. "Diamond Day" by Vashti Bunyan. She's been a folk music icon in the UK since the late 60's but I just recently discovered her music. It's sweet and simple.
I'm going to slip in this last one too because I've listened to this more than the others in the past few days. It's the first little song I've learned on the new concertina. It's really bad but thought I'd share with you anyways. "Oro" by balou.
I'm going to break the rules a bit and say if you're reading this and want to be tagged, you're it! Let us know in the comments if you choose to be tagged. If you don't want to be tagged, welcome to the safe zone.